With an aging population osteoarthritis is a growing cause of mobility functional impairment.
Delivered by Key Clinical Skills in multiple Canadian and international venues as a mixed methods hybrid program of learning. This program is delivered fully online with participants working at their own pace over the ten-week access period. The eight dictated PowerPoint presentations are supported by videos, web resources, quick reference cheat sheets and a 200 page downloadable handout.
This eight-part, fully online program delivers:
• A clear understanding of the structure and function of articular cartilage
• Insights into the current perspective on the pathogenesis of knee osteoarthritis (OA)
• The clinical, imaging and laboratory criteria for the diagnosis of knee OA
• Details of objective outcome measurement tools
• The foundational interventions of exercise, weight control and education
• The medical and surgical options for managing knee OA
• The Arthritis Self Treatment Exercise Program A-STEP
• Adjunctive conservative management strategies
• Resources including videos, external links and patient handouts